Thursday, April 14, 2011

Small Acts with a Big Heart

Thursday is always difficult. I have to wake up early in the morning for adoration, women’s rosary, and mass, followed by homemade breakfast for the students at our house. But really, when I say early, I mean 6:30 a.m.... so who am I to complain when there’re men and women, fathers and mothers, doctors and teachers, who wake up way earlier than me each morning, just so that they could take care of their family, patients, students, or just to do their job well?
Moreover, I’m waking up early so that I could see our Lord. How wonderful is that!

One of my student disciples, Thuy, is working on a project. Her nature goal this week is to do a random act of kindness. So after women’s rosary & mass, she came over to my house and started working. Here’s what she came up with:
Hand-crafted notes with inspiration quotes. How cool is that??! Her goal is to give this out to the students on campus, so that she could bring a smile on their faces, and ultimately, as she would put it, “win their hearts for Christ”. 
One might wonder what good can one small random note do? But God’s grace works in mysterious ways, and moving a student to begin a relationship with Him through a simple hand-written note could just be one of them. 

Yet, grace is grace. 
Ultimately, all we need is to do our part, and God will take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment